I have been trying to write this post for the last few days unsuccessfully trying to sum up this whole year, and as I sit here on New Year's Eve stressing about getting this post out before midnight, I've realized that the reason why I usually do my yearly recap is to talk about the things that have happened and that I never posted about, but I'm pleasantly surprised to see that I've done a much better job than most years in writing about as many events as possible. A testament that my blogging consistency is building over time...something I've been striving for. YAY!
So there is no need to stress! The year isn't over yet and there is no rhyme or reason to any of this, right?!
In short summary I can easily go back in my archive and realize out of many things that:
- I have challenged myself and been challenged physically, I started running and reached goals I never thought I could, but I did because I tried
- My boys have each hit milestone birthdays and each has had moments to highlight
- Our family has welcomed new family members through weddings, and a new baby girl is on her way to us, and we couldn't be more excited
- We got to take an amazing vacation we never thought we'd take
- and many other things in between...
- I have created not only a variety of projects with my hands for myself and others, but my sewing machine has become my best friend and one of the best investments I've ever made.
- I created and recreated some aspects of my own personal style which has been incredibly fun to do
- I I have created special settings and moments with the help of new ideas and sources
- I was given a variety of chances to create opportunities to practice my photography which were unexpected and yet so rewarding!
Tomorrow will be the start of a new year. A clean slate...
2013 will bring new challenges to endure, new victories to conquer!
But for tonight I am writing this in a different fashion and posting at unfamiliar time.
I am writing in real time, in the middle of celebrating with family and friends we can always count on, in ways we will always remember...
With traditions we have been brought up with and are sharing with our children...
We are ringing in the New year together as we should be...
Goodbye to 2012!
May 2013 be life changing, adventurous, and prosperous in all possible ways!
May it be special for us all!
So from my corner to yours....
10..9.. 8..7..6..5..4..3.. 2..1...
HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!!