Wednesday, December 1, 2021

Foto Friday...reclaiming my mojos

Hello there! It truly has been way too long. You may have noticed or not, but whichever the case I'd like to make my way back into your lives. There are so many reasons for not posting a good majority of this year. The major reason being a lack of time, an increase in work (which is a problem to have), too much of real life happening, but then again when isn't that going to be the case. but there were others. My creative mojos- writing, crafting, picture-taking, baking, had all been hijacked! How? I hate to admit it but mostly by my own demons of insecurities, fear, true lack of interest, but there were others.  I just couldn't muster up the ability to get anything going.

I guess I felt that it didn't really matter what I had to say, no one cares what I've been doing, and that it wasn't worth my time to put myself out there anymore. I felt creatively stunted for sure. On the other hand, I was pressuring myself to get out there, but instead I think my mind instinctively knew I needed a break. I've sat back and just let things happen. I've mentioned before that I usually do my best work when I kind of let it happen, so in turn, I've been sitting back waiting for the "right time" for my mojos to come back. Waiting for my mind to spark, for my crafty fingers to itch, for my eyes and ears to gather information, and for my heart to desire and put stuff out there for me to take interest in.



 So I've been listening and it seems that the first mojo that wants to surface is picture taking. My fingers and eyes have been itching to get back my photography mojo. Its not like I haven't been taking any picture, but I do more so now on my phone because of the sheer ease. I really began to miss the feel of a big formal camera and that it takes to make it work to get a picture you want. I have not touched my dslr in almost a year and just a week ago, I picked it back up again.




They're not perfect, nor did I expect them to be but it was just fun to do. Katarina made it very easy for me to do because she was having just as much fun getting the camera's attention.


I'm not sure where this mojo will take me. I'm just going to continue to listen and try and do and put it out there for anybody who might be interested. My heart be damned.


No comments: