- Started Middle School and has transitioned fine with a few expected bumps... a new found homework load and responsibility for himself has become a true reality.
- He has reconnected and rekindled friendships with buddies at his school he hasn't had class with in a few years and all is right in the world again.
- Has turned 12 years old, grew 3inches in the last year, is getting facial hair, and his voice has dropped an octave. Just recently we did not recognize him over the phone! (I have early bloomers and officially no more baby boys)
- He has also auditioned for this year's CHIME winter drama production of Wicked and landed the lead role of Fiyero, and we can't wait to see him in it in February.
- Has thankfully transitioned nicely into high school. He is working hard, getting some great grades and really loving it!
- Joined a social skills intervention program for special needs teens called the PEERS group at CSUN and what a great program that has been for Danny. He has made new friends, has gained a new found confidence and practicing some his new social skills every chance he gets.
- He joined the Anime club at school as a direct result and encouragement of this PEERS group. It so nice to see him getting involved at school already and feel some connection with his peers.
- Jerry has started to get him behind the wheel and learning how to drive...a little bit
I've been grateful that its been an easy transition for our two youngest because honestly this school year has been focused a lot on Chris getting through his Senior year and everything that entails...
- Started his Senior year and in so many ways the beginning of the end of 4 great years of high school at Cleveland Magnet. It seems like yesterday he was just a freshman.
- Learned how to play the snare in order to join and help keep alive the school marching band and was named drum captain. This has been extremely fulfilling for him and will be something he never regret doing. If anything he wished he would have have done it all 4 years.
- Couldn't have made us prouder earlier in the semester than by getting nominated by his school's college counselor for the very prestigious POSSE Scholarship program. This was a 3 month process of 3 different interview levels and at the end of it all he had been selected as one of the final POSSE Finalists. Even though he unfortunately did not get this particular scholarship it was truly an achievement in itself!
- Because plan B's are there for a reason- Chris applied to over 11 schools in all and so far has received 7 acceptances letters...Woohoo! We're all feeling blessed to know that he'll have options to fully look at and consider before making a decision as to where he will start college next year. There's a lot to consider including academic programs, location, costs and the results of financial aid, but what's for certain is that there is an ultimate plan that God is unraveling in front of him.
- Other than this he has been enjoying his senior year by attending the school's senior activities with his girlfriend and his best friends, and looking forward to the more exciting ones coming up this next semester, like Prom!
I was determined to get to my Project Life and my One Little Word projects going and guess what...the year's over and neither has really been touched! Ugghh... I've been really disapointed, but in the big scheme of things some things just had to take a back seat. I am hoping to catch up with them and continue in 2015.
All in all, 2014 has really been a great year and feeling blessed for many things,
but I am looking forward to 2015.
2015 is going to be:
a year of many decisions- some easy, some not, some very exciting!
a year of more performances
a year of exciting moments, proud moments, bitter-sweet moments
a year of cherishing the times we have together and memories made
a year of growth for all of us in faith, maturity, bonding, strength and more importantly Love.
a year of letting go and really letting God!
I'm ready (I think) and I will be keeping you posted as the year progresses of all this new year brings.
In the mean time we'll be celebrating New Year's tonight with family and some good friends, and then finish enjoying our Christmas break together before all goes back to normal.
Thank you all for your continued support and for stopping by to read and follow along.
Your visits mean more to me than you'll ever know.
And to end this 2014 from my little corner.... Have a safe and wonderful New Year!!!