Thursday, February 27, 2014

Weight Watcher Wed- My 3 year Anniversary

So I was looking back through my blog last night and realized I hadn't done a WW update in over year.
I found my 1st year Anniversary post and then also realized that this month was actually my 3rd year Anniversary being on the Point Plus Weight Watcher plan!!

Lol, I sound like a 12-step member-

"Hi! My name is Sandy"
"Hi, Sandy!"
"I've been..."

I guess its kind of like that, maybe?

Anyway, I can't believe its been 3 years, and its been full of literal ups and downs (on/off the scale), but always full of real life/food choices, and I love that Weight Watchers has allowed me to fit in my real life, and that's how this journey was supposed to be. I am at a different place now, and I can't help but feel that the changes have been so much more than physical for me. There is nothing that can measure the personal growth I have "gained" for every pound I have lost- physically, mentally, emotionally and spiritually all around. 

So in keeping with this anniversary theme I decided to take new pictures to give a more complete  update.  I put on the same dress I wore for my 40th b-day (which I still love)  but at this point has been officially fitted and taken in via the sewing machine- there's no going back now!


 Feb. 2011                                            Feb. 2012 (38lbs lost)                             Feb. 2014 (52.8lbs lost)

                                                                                           


As of today I have lost a total of  52.8 pounds and I am 1/2 a pound away from my goal. Yay!
I'll be honest though, I was kind of upset at this morning's weigh in because I was hoping to hit my goal on this anniversary. I've been hovering up and down over this goal of mine for more than a few months now, and I can't seem to get to it yet...Ugghh!  But instead of getting frustrated, I had to take a step back, and look at my overall success and remember that this has been the first time in my life that I have kept off this amount weight for such an extended period of time! So for me- That's huge and the most important thing!

So I am telling all of you this for a few reasons:

1- I'm keeping this update real and very honest for both you and me-  I want you to see that its not always easy, that even with success come very real ups and downs, but its about riding those moments out and persevering to accomplish the overall goal.

2- This keeps me accountable- and honestly feeling very vulnerable!! It is not easy to put myself out there like this, but this accountability gives me the motivation I need to continue on WW.

3- This is a work in progress-  Its taken 3 years to get here, and I am still going at it. I can't stop now. I just know that I'm really afraid of going back. So for me, it will truly be an ongoing life process.

4- Patience- (My OLWord in action here as well) Weight loss takes time! There is nothing overnight about it. It is about making progress over time and not giving up! My hope is to inspire even its just one person out there who is on their own journey to never give up! Its about progress, any kind of progress. I have technically only lost 2.8lbs this past year, but considering the fact that in the past I would have probably gained all my weight back instead? Overall loss!! It is definitely progress in the right direction, right?!



So in regards to getting to my goal...I will get there! Maybe not next week (its my birthday weekend so there will be some celebrating going on), but I will get there...soon!

My hope in doing this update, is that you take away even a little something to inspire you wherever you may be in your journey be it weightloss or otherwise to help you succeed! I believe it all applies in one way or another, don't you?

And for all those who have always been there and continue to support me...I will forever Thank You!

From my little corner to yours...Thank you for stopping by!



No comments: