Its funny because now that I'm doing Project Life, I have the interesting perspective of knowing that my birthday will always fall around the 9th week of the year...kind of cool! I had never looked at it that way.
I took a lot of pictures this week as you can imagine, and I've already shared details of my birthday in a previous post so I won't rehash those pictures too much, other than to say I added more of them in my pages through more than one collage. Its just really hard to pick a few pictures. But I also added of course, pictures from moments from days prior to my birthday, and as I look at them, I realize we actually had a lot going on.
So here is week 9:
- The Title card is a picture of a B-day napkin I stamped # 42 on and just added text to it.
- Mikey wanting to mop my floors, and he did such a nice job that I wasn't going to take that joy away from him ;)
- My boys taking up playing catch outside together after school everyday this week...Those are the moments that make my life as a mom GRAND!
- My niece, Monica, who's going to beauty school and already cutting hair, so she came over to cut mine for practice. I was impressed so I had to capture her in action!! Thanks Moni!
- And Danny's Honor Roll presentation- He was soo proud up there...good motivation for future successes!
Left side with insert
In the name of using a little bit of everything, and doing something different, I cut up a manila folder and covered it in the different tissue paper/wrapping papers I got and used those as a backdrop to scrapbook the extra pictures on the front side and use the back to store my B-day cards. Then I put this in an 8.5 x11 sized insert and it was the perfect way to combine all of this.
I realized the cards would be able to fall out so to make sure it was a solid addition I added a closure. I sewed a loop of ribbon on the back side of the plastic and a decorative button on the front side of the plastic for it to latch on to secure the opening. Soo cool! That's what I love about this project! I can combine all mediums of creativity to make it special in different ways.
The Right side with insert
Week 9: Side by Side
My Birthday week has come and gone and I'm so glad I have it documented and done to look back at.
I am sharing a little late this week both here and at The Mom Creative, but better late than never.
Thanks for stopping by!
From my corner to yours ....Have a great day!