Thursday, July 12, 2012

My 100th Blog Post


Its my 100th post!!!

Wow! I finally got here! Its been 4+ years since I started this blog and maybe I honestly thought I'd get here sooner, but this blog has been a work in progress for me, and its not as easy as I thought it was going to be, so maybe I'm right on target! ;)

When I first started writing I wasn't really sure what I wanted this blog to turn into and I don't even think I'm there now. However, I did know that I felt like I had some stories to tell, and I'm still trying to find my voice for all those things I want to say. Sometimes I succeed, sometimes not so much...but writing is such a process!! Every year I have started off the year really motivated and then not write anything until the end of the year...not great! But I have been getting better, and it wasn't until last year when I really felt like I was taking this seriously and became more disciplined in writing more consistently and I think its been paying off. So 100 posts is a big deal for me! Its Exciting! Its a lot of writing, but I love it! It is a part of me now, I think about it all the time, and I love being able to expand this side of my creativity everyday through writing.



Finding a word for the year has really helped me start off every year with a focus, and helps me find a direction as to what to write about, although life naturally seems to give me those moments. Some are personal, some are worldly, some and I try to get some in there that might be motivating, but as I grow, I'd like to think that my topics and/or my blog will evolve and grow around me as well.
 



This blog has also turned into my virtual scrapbook. Most of you know that I love scrapbooking, but finding the time to do so is almost impossible. One of the things that I love about it is telling the stories behind my pictures. That's what its always been about for me...leaving a legend behind for my boys. Blogging is allowing me to do both.  It gives me comfort to know that if they aren't reading my blog now (which they're not!) they're a click away from getting to some of my favorite stories about them. Its online, its in chronological order and better yet its DONE!!

Anyway, I'm learning something new all the time, and I am looking forward to trying and discovering new things as my blog develops. I have some things running through my head and I will let you know as soon as they're developed properly.



Last but not least, I wanted to Thank all of you who so graciously read my posts!! I so appreciate you taking the time to do so. Its silly, but its encouraging to know that I'm reaching someone out there other than myself! You have no idea how much it means to me when you leave your comments, or when you tell me to keep writing. I see the numbers that keep coming back to visit, and it makes me giddy! I hope you'll always enjoy it as I much as I do. I'd love to know if there is anything you want me to write about too. Suggestions are always welcome!!

Have a great day, thanks again for stopping by...and on to my 101st post and beyond!!

From my corner to yours...







No comments: