Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Weight Watcher Wednesday- Temptations!!!!


 Have you ever had this feeling?

Hello everybody!! Today is a Weight Watcher Wednesday for me, and my Comadre and long time friend, Christina, sent me this very funny, but true depiction of what food temptation is all about.
 
Sweets, snacks.....Food!!

Decisions, decisions....To Eat it or NOT???!!!

Ugghh!

I had to laugh because I think we can all relate to this and the double sided conversations we have in our head when we get put in these food situations.  That "voice" in our head giving us justifications as to why its "ok" to eat said food, and the "rational" side of our head that knows exactly why we shouldn't!

And as a matter of fact, Christina couldn't have sent me this picture on a more appropriate day like today because I fell for that temptation this morning! I was tempted to make blueberry muffins, and so I did. That not so good "voice" in my head made it just sound soo good with a cup of coffee...Yumm! I made them as pretty and WW friendly as possible (egg whites, and non-fat milk), but they were still 3-4 points each.  However, by the time I finished one, my body had known all along that this had not been the best decision. Ugghhh!

On the other hand, I was glad to see my body is still letting me know what it wants to be given, so its always something for me to listen to and remember for next time.

And I guess since I'm checking in, here's a quick personal update:

I've reached 40.5 pounds lost and I'm still working hard! I have to be honest, I am starting to feel like I have been having to work a lot harder to lose a pound here and there. BUT I'm not giving up!
My body is forever changing and I seem to need more exercise and even more vigilance as to the foods I'm eating if I want to lose at a quicker pace. So I'm working on making that possible as my life gets busier and sometimes more challenging with all kinds of foodly temptations being thrown at me.

This picture is a daily reality for me!

How about you??

Anyway, I hope you all had a great Wednesday and may you all have a better time fighting off those pesky food voices!!

From my corner to yours,

 

No comments: