Monday, April 23, 2012

Monday Motivations- My fitness goal for the week

I've been trying to get back into jogging in the last week because I don't want to let go of the training I've already done, and I really want to work my way up to running a possible 10K or a 1/2 marathon in the future. That is a big goal for me! So I have to keep building up my endurance skills. But I feel like I have to start cross-training so I can get the rest of my body in shape especially with summer coming up. I've actually purchased a couple of new bathing suits and I want to be ready to wear them.

So of course, my inspiration for many things is Pinterest, and I found a few quick and easy fitness workouts on there that I've been meaning to try out for a while. So this week, my "Goal" is to at least run 1-2 miles, and add one or two of these short workouts with it so I can feel like I got an all around body work out. 

This picture inspires me!! It may never be me, but I can try to get as close to it as possible, right? I wish!

 Workout 1 - The following workout was posted with the picture above and its what got me interested in trying it. If this workout can get me those results, it can't hurt to try, right?!! LOL!

Repeat this cycle 2x right when you wake up in the morning:
50 jumping jacks,
 5 pushups,
20 sit ups,
20 mountain climbers,
30 second plank,
 7 burpees.

I did this one this morning 2x and ran 1.5 miles and it wasn't too bad, but I did feel like it kicked my butt a little bit because I quickly found out that I HATE BURPEES!!!   I had to look them up along with the mountain climbers, but oooh...they are not fun! But that's probably why they work so well.

Or these other 2 workouts:


 So again my "goal" (emphasis on the word "goal", lol) would be to alternate between any one of workouts at least once a day, at least 3 days this week along with the jogging. What I'd like to think is realistic about this is that I can do this at home, in private! They may take 15 minutes at the most, and I don't need to go out to a gym or be somewhere else to do it. So I am truly going to find the inspiration and discipline to try this at least for this week and see how it goes. Maybe I can turn these into a habit?? I guess I'll find out, but I'm going to give it a shot.


So hopefully I can inspire you to join me in trying one of these quick workouts this week. Or at least join me in just doing something this week; something that works for you- maybe just walking, or just a few sit ups, whatever, but lets try together!! The weather is going to be a little cold but perfect for exercising. I've come to find out that warm weather lets you get outside, but isn't always ideal to push yourself in the heat.

Wish me luck on fighting through some soreness and Happy Fitness to you all!

From my corner to yours,









No comments: