Ok so, being totally grateful… I’m down .8 lbs for the week!
Almost 1 pound!! :)
Breakfast for Dinner on Weight Watchers
This week I wanted to share one of my favorite recipes, and one that I had last night for dinner while my boys were splurging on a full on breakfast.
The Must Have Omelet (my version): 6 points
1 large egg(s) (2pts)
2 large egg white(s) (1 pt)
1 slice of Kirkland lean ham (1pt)
1/8 tsp table salt, or to taste
1/8 tsp black pepper, or to taste
½ teaspoon of butter/margarine/olive oil (1 pt)
¼ of a green bell pepper, finely chopped (0pts)
(I like adding red bell peppers too)
½ small tomato(es), seeded and diced (0pts)
1/8 of a cup of Kraft Mexican shredded cheese (1 pt) or 1oz. of Mexican Cacique Cheese
• In a small bowl, whisk together egg, egg white, salt and pepper just until blended; set aside.
• Cut the slice of ham into small squares or pieces
• In a large, nonstick omelet pan, heat oil/butter over medium heat. Brown the ham and veggies.
• Then add egg mixture and tilt pan so eggs cover entire pan bottom. Cook, without stirring, until bottom of eggs begins to set, about 30 seconds.
• Cook eggs, moving pan back and forth over heat, until cooked through, about 3 to 4 minutes; fold in half to serve.
• Sprinkle choice of cheese over the omelet and serve. Add some fresh salsa for a kick....YUMM!!
• Yields 1 serving
This recipe is absolutely delicious and it makes a hardy serving. There is no way you can feel like you are deprived of a good breakfast with this recipe. I like to serve it with a great cup of coffee and on a pretty plate to make it more special and you get this...
I also had about 12 points to spend on dinner last night so I had 2 turkey bacon slices (2pts), and 1 serving of oven baked tater tots (4 pts) and felt completely satisfied and enjoyed breakfast at dinner with my family. It was a treat for all of us!
You can add or delete your favorite items and make it your own. Try the recipe out and let me know how you like it!!
To a great breakfast for dinner or otherwise....from my corner to yours....