Friday, January 16, 2015

Foto Friday...a birthday rain or shine

This past weekend I once again had the privilege to document Shantal's 7th birthday for my dear friend Angie. She's growing up and this year she went with a cute Hello Kitty theme for her birthday as this little girl always knows what she wants. But her party almost got rained out. Almost! You see, for Angie and her family, parties are never cancelled. They happen whether it rains or shines.

But the rain stopped just enough for the party to go on and I'm so glad because its always fun to see what she does next. She just put up tarps and voila...all good in the rain.

I LOVE her ideas and I always appreciate the beautiful little details Angie puts into her parties. She has friends who are just as creative and help her put this all together, but these decorations are actually just really well executed simple ideas that anyone can do. So that's why  I love posting her ideas here to share with all of you as well.



The rain also became a great background for Shantal's pictures. Its definitely harder to shoot on a rainy day, but we did our best. I took the chance and used the rainy day puddles, her umbrella and rain boots to do something different this year with her. She was happy to comply and used those props to pose and display her personality perfectly.

 These next ones were my favorites as I just watched her walk and be the little girl that she is...


I had so much fun doing these pictures. I tried something different and found a style I'd like to work on and perfect with more practice. I love shooting a natural look. I am still trying to figure out what I want from my photography, and I'm hoping this year will be the year I find some consistency and clarity in that. But for now, I will keep practicing and trying new things.


From my corner to yours...Have a great weekend!

No comments: