Wednesday, June 18, 2014

Weight Watcher Wednesday...Lifetime baby!!!

Its time for another Weight Watcher Wednesday update from me and its been a long time since the last one. I had promised myself the next update would be a good one and it is. Its been 3+ years in the making and the time has come...

I finally made it to Lifetime!!

Well first off let me explain that this happened about 2 weeks ago, but with Danny and Mikey culminations being our priority I hadn't had a chance to say anything really until now.

So what does making it to Lifetime mean exactly?

Well in Weight Watcher terms this means that I finally got down to my goal weight and once I did that I went through an additional 6 weeks of maintaining that goal weight at no more than +/- 2lbs during that time frame. Once I successfully did that then you make it to what WW considers to be Lifetime Member Status- a permanent member of the WW family!

So I completed all of this 2 weeks ago and my leader Char made a very sweet presentation and gave me the honors in front of my meeting group. I didn't really expect to get emotional about it, but I did. This was a HUGE moment for me! Something I have been working as most of you know for a very long time...A 'lifetime' as a matter of fact! (lol, I won't apologize for the pun there because it actually fits the description pretty well in my case.)

Having a great leader like Char has been key for me as well. She has been a wonderful support. This isn't the first time she's been my leader, but I found her again  at the Encino office when I needed someone the most. She was the one who most helped me to get through this last leg of this goal. She kept me accountable and honest all the time. She has helped keep me motivated when I was most discouraged and she gave me new things to try along the way. 
 THANK YOU CHAR!!



I have also yet to miss a weekly weigh in in the 3+ years since I joined and I have to say that has been the absolute thing that I am the proudest of and its been the cornerstone of my success. This little lady, Margie, is the one who weighs me in most of the time, and I wanted to thank her as well for making me laugh, for celebrating my good weeks and for commiserating with me those weeks when I needed to vent. Thank you Margie!

One exciting advantage to this special recognition is also a continued incentive for me.  Being a lifetime member now also means that as long as I stay at my goal weight (+/- 2lbs) I get free membership to their online tools and unlimited unpaid meetings. Yes! Soo now I can weigh in for FREEEEEE!!!! Wooohooo!!!

Like I mentioned I have been a paid member for 3+ years now, paying a fee month after month, and I don't even dare calculate the numbers to know what my total investment in myself has been. (investment being the operative word) It just doesn't matter really. It has been been worth every total penny!!!


So in no way does this mean that I have that my weight journey is over...Absolutely not! If anything the work continues now more than ever because this is when most Weight Watchers tend let it go and tend to gain their weight back. I just can't let that happen. The fact that it took this long to get here makes me appreciate my accomplishment that much more. I've worked to hard to let go of this now so I need to work harder now more than ever because I just can't go back! I just can't!

One thing I hope to transmit through my story for those of you who have been following my journey and those of you who are on your own journey at the moment is that you see that its really has taken me over 3 years to get here. I hope you keep that in mind for your own journeys. Weight loss is not an overnight thing! Its not necessarily a 3 year process...it truly is a lifetime process. It may be different for everyone and amongst every struggle you may come across its about keeping the big picture and your ultimate goal in the forefront of your mind. It can happen and it will but it does take some time and work- there is now way around it. But just remember...You are worth it!

So this also will now lead me to my next goal which is to become a Weight Watcher Leader, and I'm working on that as we speak. I would love to be able to help others achieve their goal like my leaders did for me. My next update will hopefully be about that happening sometime soon. 

From my corner to yours...Thank you for stopping by!


2 comments:

Brujita said...

There are no words to describe the joy I feel for you. Your commitment is inspiring! While I love you happy and in any shape, thinking you are beautiful in any way......this looks good on you, Gordita! (Can I still call you that?)xoxoxo

Unknown said...

I am so happy for you Sandy!