Friday, June 13, 2014

Foto Friday...catching the light

Hi there! Its Friday and its been a crazy, wonderful week and I have a lot to catch you up on. So I just wanted to share something fun today, and I'm looking forward to sharing more with you next week.

I have been doing a lot of searching for a new lens for some upcoming getaways. I needed a lens first off that I could afford and next, one that could be versatile for me, that would make it easy to carry around on vacation, and not be super bulky. So I recently purchased a new 40mm f/2.8 STM "pancake" lens for my Canon 40D, and I'm been loving it! For the price and its little lens body its proving to be pretty powerful, and I'm having fun experimenting with it.

This is one of those experiments. Mikey happened to see this light stream coming in through the laundry room and decided to play a little optical illusion with it and called me to take a look. So of course I took the opportunity to take these shots including one of him 'catching the light.'
 




40mm, f/2.8 (1/50) ISO 1000
Pretty cool right?

I'm going to be experimenting with this lens in a variety of environments so I'm looking forward to sharing more as they come along.

 From my little corner to yours...
Happy Foto Friday 
and have a wonderful Fathers Day Weekend!!!

No comments: