Monday, September 17, 2012

Monday Motivations- Pain or Injury?

I have been keeping up with my running these last few months as I am in training for a 10k I'd like to do in November (more on that when its official).  But I have been struggling physically for the last couple of weeks. I'm not sure what is happening! I was totally in gear, but my hip mysteriously gave out and I'm in pain...and I am totally bummed.


from Marathon Sweetheart.com
So I had been fighting and ignoring the shooting pains in my legs as I was trying to keep up with my training schedule because like the motivation says above I wasn't going to let this pain do me in or stop me from being who I can be.  BUT I figured out that I'm actually injuring myself more everyday, and I have to be smart enough to know its more than just my head. So I have no choice at the moment, but to stop and take care of this before I do any permanent damage, and in the short future, cut my chances of doing this 10k.

THAT'S NOT GONNA HAPPEN!!!

So I in the meantime, I am trying to keep positive, go to the doctors, rest, and do what I need to do to get better. My body wants to get back to running and pushing through the feeling of not being able to go further...because I know I can.

Any suggestions from any of you fitness friends of mine out there would be totally appreciated!

From my corner to yours...stay healthy and have a wonderful week!

No comments: