Monday, February 13, 2012

Monday Motivations~ DIY Gift Wrap


For this week's Monday Motivation I thought I'd share a quick and easy DIY project...

I LOVE shopping at Crate N' Barrel for weddings and showers, don't you?? Just the chance to step into that store is soo much fun. They have reasonable prices and beautiful items that gives any kitchen and home that "yo no se que." Agreed??

The other nice thing about gifting from there are the cool boxes they wrap it in. Its simple, well wrapped, and they even put a handle on it for your carrying ease...Perfect!

You really don't even have to do that much to it, but this weekend I was invited to a beautiful wedding shower for my friend who had registered at Crate N' Barrel. I bought her gift and was playing around with how to wrap it. Again, the box itself is cool with the logo on the sides, but I wanted to spruce it up a little bit without taking away from the logo'd box.

So I decided to do something different...I painted my own gift wrap onto the box!!!

So let me explain...

1. I took craft paints in silver and gold and mixed them up. I took a foam brush and just painted a background on the white front and back of the boxes, leaving the 4 sides with the logos as is. The paint dries really fast being that its cardboard, so you can see if you need a couple coats. I did 2 thin coats on each side.





Front side

2. Next, I took white craft paint and a small paint brush and painted on hearts in 3 rows across. No need for them to be perfect as it gives it an artsy feel as well. Simple and appropriate for a wedding shower of course!


Back side of box
And this is what it looked like:








It was soo easy and it made it such a cool looking gift. It took me all of about 20 minutes to do, and I added a cute bow at the top and voila...A painted gift box!!



What a great way to gift wrap any gift really. Its just something that can give your gift that special homemade touch.


I couldn't wait to put it on the gift table with the other gifts, and when I did it looked like it was wrapped like all the others. I didn't take a picture of her reaction (duh!!), but my friend loved it and thought it was such a neat idea.

Needless to say, there are soo many things you can think of doing depending on the theme.

So that's it...I hope this sparks many an inspiration for your future gifts. I'd love to see what you guys come up with.


Have a wonderful week,
from my corner to yours..

No comments: