Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Birthday #...

What does being '38' really mean??

I ponder that question every year on my birthday-

the latest one, yesterday as a matter of fact...

So should I be feeling 38?

What does or should 38 feel like??


The answer is- I don’t know!!

I don’t think there is a definite answer and I ultimately feel that the answer is quite subjective and depends on the person you ask. I know people that can’t stand to say how old they are or the near mention of a milestone birthday over 20 instantly throws them into a conniption. I can honestly say that I don’t know what it feels like to be any particular age, and talking about my age has never bothered me at all, even now… who knows tomorrow :] Thankfully, I think I have always seen my age as just a number, a number to tell me how many years I’ve been on this earth. This number, however, hasn’t ever been a force to make me feel, “look” or act “an age” per say, but at the same time I don’t feel like I have pretended to stay at or act an age I couldn’t represent properly either.

I will say, however, that the last few years have been the closest I’ve gotten to feeling as old as whatever I perceived that number to be. I think my life experiences at the time made me realize that I had arrived at an age where those said experiences were here to impact my life to help me reflect, grow and change as a person.

Life was a bit “heavier” to handle at the time, and so I feel that I was carrying a “heavier” spirit within me, therefore feeling “more my age”...whatever that was!!

This year I am back to having a “lighter" spirit, back to feeling that 38 is just a number. It is what it is! And although I can’t help but be fully aware of some undeniable physiological/physical changes that come with this age range (you friends know what I'm talking about- LOL!), it’s not going to define me or my attitudes, or define who I am at the moment.
I am feeling good about life- ever thankful of what I have, who I have in my life, and who I am right now.

It is just one more year to add to this process called life, and as long as I am loved, able do the things I enjoy,
and have my health-
HAPPY 38TH BIRTHDAY TO ME!!

From my little corner to yours,

Big Smiles,

Sandy :]

2 comments:

Nat said...

Love it! Thanks for sharing!

Anonymous said...

So true...so true....
I love reading your blogs...keep them up Sandy!
Besos.
Jessica