Wednesday, March 5, 2014

The Oscars...my favorite quotes

The Oscars...I don't know about you, but I loved them! I know its been a few days, but they're still being talked about and I have to say I personally truly, truly enjoyed watching them.

I don't know if it was because they landed on my birthday or what, but it was the first time
 I could say I watched them just how I wanted to: 
I was super cozy, comfortable, no stress, little distractions,
 dessert (and a drink) in hand and feeling very happy! ;)

It gave me a chance to really pay attention to details- the beautiful stars, beautiful outfits, 
the makeup and hair, where people were sitting and with who. But more importantly I was able to really listen to those acceptance speeches and realize just how great they were this year. 
So I've picked some of my favorite bits and pieces of some quotes I wanted to remember and share because I feel like they resonated with me one way or another.



Lupita Nyong'o- 
She couldn't have reminded us in a more beautiful way...

 "When I look down at this golden statue, may it remind me and every little child that no matter where you’re from, 
your dreams are valid. "


Yes they are!!



      

Jared Leto
Loved his speech, and this part about his mom reminded me that kids do remember and listen and inspires me to always encourage my boys to do the same...


"She encouraged her kids to be creative, to work hard and to do something special."
 
Matthew McConaughey
I've never heard gratitude be put in this context. So powerful!


"God...He has shown me that. Its a scientific fact- That gratitude reciprocates."


Oooh..love that!





Cate Blanchett
And I always love a little bit of girl power...

 “Those in the industry who are foolishly clinging to the idea that female films, with women in the centre are niche experiences. They are not...The world is round people.” 



  And this selfie just kind of rekindled my hope that actors are really just like us.
They can be silly and just want to have fun with their friends.
That's what life is about!


There were plenty of other great moments as we've seen been re-posted over and over again, 
and I honestly thought Ellen did a great job hosting. My hubby would beg to differ, but he doesn't quite get Ellen's sense of humor like I do, but that's ok. 

It was a great Oscar night and I'm looking forward to next years.

From my corner to yours...Happy Hump day!





 

No comments: